The National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) hosts its second Joining Hands Virtual Symposium and you won't want to miss it!
The NCDE is pleased to announce its second Joining Hands Virtual Symposium on disability inclusion in international exchange.
See more: https://sites.google.com/view/joininghands/home
About the symposium:
The National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange presents Joining Hands, a virtual symposium devoted to disability access and experiences in the broad range of international exchange opportunities.
The 2021 Joining Hands Symposium will be a free virtual program offering dynamic sessions, guest speakers, career fair, and other engagement activities.
- Dates: July 28-29 and August 2-4
- Cost: FREE
- Accessibility: All programming will be captioned and ASL-interpreted
- Recordings: All programming will be recorded and posted to this JHS site
Who should attend:
- Persons with disabilities interested in participating in international exchange
- International exchange alumni with disabilities
- International educators and exchange practitioners
- Disability organizations and disability service professionals
- U.S. Department of State staff
- Volunteer-sending organizations
- Anyone interested in enhancing disability access in the broad range of international opportunities and citizen diplomacy!
Wednesday July 28
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm EDT | Opening Event: Symposium welcome and musical performance
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm EDT | Session 1: Restarting Study Abroad with Disability Inclusion Post COVID-19
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm EDT | Session 2: Get to Know the NCDE: An Introduction to the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE)
- Virtual Career Fair open
Thursday July 29
- 11:30am - 1:00pm EDT | Session 3: Anatomy of a MIUSA Exchange Program
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm EDT | Session 4: Effective Outreach to People with Disabilities for International Exchange
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm EDT | Disability at the Movies: "Planes, Trains and Canes," a travel series by Mona Minkara
Monday August 2
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm EDT | Session 5: Exchange-Provider Panel: A Practice of Intention to Inclusion
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm EDT | Disability Community Rooms, Block 1
- (A) Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community
- (B) Non-Apparent/Less Apparent Disabilities Community
Tuesday August 3
- 11:00am - 12:30pm EDT | Session 6: Rights and Representation: Alumni with Disabilities Reflect on Fulbright’s Global Impact
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm EDT | Session 7: Disability and Identity Abroad
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm EDT | Disability Community Rooms, Block 2
- (A) Blind Community
- (B) Physical and Mobility Disabilities Community
Wednesday August 4
- 11:00am - 12:30pm EDT | Session 8: What We’ve learned about Accessibility in Virtual Exchange Programs
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm EDT | Session 9: Not Just Study Abroad: The Wide World of Experiential International Exchange
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm EDT | Closing Event: Remarks, next steps, and musical performance
Register soon and visit the official Joining Hands Virtual Symposium for more details!