Lithuania joined countries around the world in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Fulbright Program. The U.S.-Lithuania Fulbright Program began in 1992 and has funded the exchange of approximately 500 Lithuanian and U.S. citizens. The U.S. Embassy in Lithuania congratulates all Fulbright alumni in Lithuania and the United States on this important milestone of educational and cultural exchange.
To celebrate the Fulbright 75th anniversary, Lithuania presented:
● A reception for Fulbright alumni and grantees. See the Facebook post about the event here.
● A press release: “The Fulbright Program – Celebrating 75 years of Global Impact."
● A photo collage/video of Lithuanian and U.S. Fulbright alumni with their printed books and publications resulting from their Fulbright exchange: https://www.facebook.com/222708185581/videos/155047633313876 ; https://www.facebook.com/vilnius.usembassy/photos/a.10151435546310582/10165492417540582/?type=1&theater
● A broadcast interview with Lithuanian National Television channel (LRT) (in Lithuanian-language) with the first Lithuanian Fulbrighter (Dr. Egidijus Aleksandravicius) and a current U.S. Fulbrighter in Lithuania (Jonas Kulikauskas) about the Fulbright program’s impact. Fulbright alumna Zivile Raskauskaite (Foreign News Editor at LRT) helped to set up this interview.
● An English-language webinar co-hosted by the U.S.-LT Alumni Association in Lithuania and the Finnish ASLA-Fulbright Alumni Association in acknowledgement of international Fulbright alumni collaboration called, “Building international alumni communities for support and resilience."
● The first episode of the podcast series “75.30” (in English) with Fulbright alumna Auste Valinciute. The podcast will be published as soon as the editing will be finished.